For 75% of the population throughout the globe, Godzilla is a famous movie about some Dinosaur. For the rest 25% of us, “Godzilla” represents an immortal legend, which is one of the best amalgamations of Art and Science, created by the Japanese!
After a really long wait, Indians finally got the chance to lay their eyes on this Godzilla – the 2016 Nissan GT-R. This mean-machine was one of the biggest showstoppers of the 2016 Auto Expo in Delhi, with Karun Chandhok being present at the official unveiling. It will be officially launched for the Indian customers by Nissan in September 2016.
While the naysayers (Aventador fans) might say that the GT-R isn’t a sight to behold, we’d still say it looks seductively attractive for enthusiasts like us. Thanks to the muscular body and an aggressive look, it does justify the attention that the car deserves. Most of the focus though, has been channelized to the engine, and the car more than delivers in that regard. A 545 HP, twin-turbo V6 powers this beast, and it can boast of going from 0 to 100 kmph in 3 seconds flat. Still not satisfied? Then the NISMO version is for you, which packs a whopping 600 HP. You get the idea – it’s pretty much a rocket on four wheels.
These numbers are a proof that the 2016 GT-R ranks as one of the world’s top-performing production cars. There’s also a 45th Anniversary Gold Edition Model, of which a total of fewer than 30 units will be made. It comes with the same Silica Brass paint colour that we saw on the 2001 Skyline GT-R M-Spec. The Gold Edition also features a commemorative plaque on the interior centre console, and a gold-toned VIN plate in the engine compartment.
Nissan provides several drive modes, one of which is the “R” or Race mode, which is optimized for maximum performance. The car’s all-wheel-drive system is one of the reasons that makes it achieve such mind-boggling acceleration. Additionally, it aids in handling as well; by sending 50% of the power to the front wheels, or all of it to the rear, depending on the situation.
For all the effort that went under the hood, perhaps Nissan could have benefitted much more, if some of that went into the interiors as well. The interiors might be a little bit plain for most people, but it still manages to provide a great sporty look. To be honest, the GT-R looks a bit pale in comparison to the otherworldly feel you get inside a Lamborghini or a Ferrari. But in its own regard, the interiors are more than decent and won’t let you down.
If you love speed (you probably do, if you’re reading this article), then it’s a no-brainer – you’d blindly go for the GT-R. If you’re someone who prefers to be a passenger rather than be on the driver’s seat, then you’d have to think twice, but more often than not, you’ll end up being in favour of this one. For the majority of us, it’ll absolutely be worth the price tag that it comes with, and we couldn’t be more thrilled about the Godzilla’s arrival in India!