Audi goes strong with revealing some great wheels at the Frankfurt Motor Show and has officially revealed the S4 performance saloon at the event. The all-new S4 is available in saloon and Avant body styles and will be sold in several global models starting from next year. An India launch could also be under consideration since the company is already bringing a host of its global performance offerings to the market.
Power on the 2016 Audi S4 comes from a 3.0-litre turbocharged V6 TFSI engine tuned to produce 354 HP and 500 Nm of torque and is mated to a standard 8-speed tip-tronic automatic gearbox. The car manages the 0-100 kmph run in just 4.7 seconds with the top speed electronically limited to 250 kmph. The new Audi S4 is lower by 23 mm than its predecessor for better ride and handling management an gets a lightweight 5-link suspension that can be customized depending on the multiple driving modes under the Drive Select Program. The new S4 rides on new 18-inch alloys that help to maintain traction even in the sharpest corners.
Audi has chopped off the extra weight on the 2016 S4 by a significant margin with the saloon now weighing 1,630 kg and the Avant weighing 1,675 kg. Keeping it planted at high speeds, the S4 comes with Quattro AWD system as standard with a self-locking centre differential that distributes 60% of torque to the rear axle and the remaining 40% to the front.
In terms of exterior, the 2016 Audi S4 looks very similar to the new generation A4 and gets subtle upgrades like the aluminum covers on the ORVMs and silver finishing on the quad exhausts. On the inside, the cabin feels sporty with the S-Line seats, premium door sill trims with S4 logos, a special S4 start screen and a new MMI operating system. Safety features on the 2016 Audi S4 include active lane assist, adaptive cruise control, Stop and Go system, Park assist, cross traffic assist, collision avoidance assist and turn assist along with LED headlights and taillights with dynamic turn signal.